Image Map

Homemade Meal Monday (#8)!

October 19, 2009

Has anyone taken the plunge and tried the Grilled Honey Lime Chicken? If so, I have the perfect Guacamole Salad to compliment the chicken (its also a Rachel Ray recipe- so don't fret as its easy!).

Ingredients:

2 medium Hass avocados, pitted and sliced (I use roughly 4- the more the merrier!)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, chopped (They don't have to be English!)
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, chopped
A few drops hot sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (I think 1/3 is way too much; I eyeball it!)


Directions:

Mix lemon and garlic, hot sauce and salt. Stream in extra-virgin olive oil while whisking dressing. Pour lemon dressing over the salad and serve.

(Photo compliments of www.foodnetwork.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)