Image Map

Baby Paraphernalia!

March 26, 2010


I think I'm actually going to open an Etsy shop....yeah! I've been toying with the idea for months now, and I think I'm ready to jump in feet first (well that is after I have product to sell!). :)

As for what I'm going to sell...let's just say I have babies on the brain (...and before rumors start, I'm not pregnant!). I may have mentioned before that I think handmade gifts, especially baby gifts, are something special! I'm lucky enough to have two Grandmas, who between them sew, knit, and crochet. I know that not everyone has crafty Grandmas, thus I think opening an Etsy shop to spread handmade love to babies might just be my calling!

I may be a bit ahead of myself, but I would love to be ‘the place’ to shop for handmade items for baby showers. I’d like to market myself as a shop owner that uses only attractive, chic, quality fabrics. I do work full time, thus custom jobs will be on a first come first serve basis, until I get into the swing of things. I’d also like to note that custom jobs may take a bit longer than I would like them to, as we all know that I’m a finicky perfectionist, which does not equate to cranking out product!

Now this is where my faithful readers come in...I need a shop name! I'm looking for something cute, unique and catchy, as I need something to set myself apart from the competition on Etsy (that is besides high quality products, stellar customer service, affordable shipping costs, and fast shipments!). I’d like to convey high quality handmade items at an affordable price for all. Any ideas for me? If I pick a shop name that was suggested by one of my faithful readers, I might just send them a little something in the mail! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Before you get ahead of yourself...we had to close up our ETSY shop because of Federal Trade Commission Regulations. We were a baby gift business also, and it is not just the CPSIA regulations, but any sewn or yarn goods sold have to be labeled with specific information as indicated by the Federal Trade Commission. The fee of $11,000.00 per item sold without a label is enough to scare people into submission, and frankly I was not up to the labeling time requirements. Look up the FTC if you have any questions. Hope this helps a bit.

    Oh...and a store name???

    MADE WITH LOVE...PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Made With Love or maybe Made with His Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I would LOVE some of the baby goodies...Im going to be in the market for a cute diaper bag... :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)