Image Map

Change...Not the Coins (well, kind of)!

July 1, 2010

Do you ever feel like you're standing still and life is spinning around you like a tornado? That's exactly how I've felt for the past week or so. The only way I can describe it is that it has been one ROUGH week. I mentioned last week that we are facing many changes in our daily lives, and change is not something I'm a fan of as it causes me much unneeded stress and anxiety! However I've always been a lover of change (as in coin change...did you like the transition? He he he.)! My momma tells a story that when I was a young girl (probably 2 or so) my eyes would light up when I would hear men playing with change in their pocket. There were even a few occasions where I would go and pat their pockets, as that was my code for "GIVE ME YOUR CHANGE...please!". :)

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled post! :) Last week started as a normal week; I got up everyday and went to work, until Thursday afternoon when I was given the news that my former employer could no longer afford to keep me. Although the news was not a 'shock' to me, as I survived four rounds of layoffs in the past year and a half, it is something that one cannot prepare for. I've never been a work-a-holic, as I find great pleasure in other areas of my life, however I've always been employed. I spent the summers in high school life-guarding, held internships and a retail job in college, and started my first career job a week after I graduated from college, and now here I am...spending my days looking for jobs and enjoying Stuart's company (I love the latter half...how cute is he?).



With last week's layoff, and associated consequences, I've been holding on to 1 Corinthians 10:13...

"No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it."

I'm well aware that there are so many other individuals and families that are dealing with some of the same trials, and please know that I'm praying for all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Candice, that is the perfect promise to hang on to right now. Very often what we think of as a trial turns into some of our biggest blessings when its all said and done. God has a great plan for your life! Hang on! Sherri PS..someone gave me the scripture Joshua 1:9 which is really great too. (its on the beautiful plaque you gave me)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)