Image Map

Potato Market Bags

July 29, 2010

Remember the Long Beach Quilt Festival I told you about? Well I came home from the Festival with three (yes, three) burlap potato sacks. Most quilters go to the Festival to buy beautiful fabrics, useful tools, and wonderful patterns, however I came home with potato sacks which were given to me (for free) from one of the vendors- score! If you are anything like the family members I went to the Festival with (I won't mention names!) you might be wondering what in the heck am I going to do with potato sacks, well I'm happy to say that I have an idea!

I've had my eye on these recycled coffee bag market totes from an up and coming Etsy shop, but being the frugal lady I am, I have a hard time buying something that I could totally make by myself. I know that potato sacks are not the same as coffee bags, but I haven't yet been able to locate any coffee bags (perhaps I should ask at the grocery store!).

Eco-Friendly Farmer's Market Totes, by ShopJessBecause

I'm quite sad that this sack is so dirty! :(

Here is my inspiration for my potato market bags...

Market Tote, by TealSuede

Now I just have to figure out how to get the gut-wrenching smell (and dirtiness) out of the potato sacks...long enough to be able to sew them up into a fashionable market bag! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT wait to see what you make. These are totally something I would make [if I knew how to sew]. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)