Image Map

Home Sweet Home...

August 20, 2010

I just got back from a quick trip to my home town of Bakersfield. We moved away 14 years ago, which I think technically makes Southern California my home town as I've lived here longer, but Bakersfield will always have a special place in my heart. It's weird to go back as so much has changed, yet our old house looks exactly the same (note to the new home owners...it's been 14 years and it needs to be painted!!!).

We spent our day and a half in Bakersfield running around with my second mother (aka Madre Due), and I think we successfully hit all of my favorite hot spots, including Jake's Tex-Mex (delicious pit beef), Smith's Bakery (yummy [but pricey] cookies), Dewar's (one of a kind chews...a must have!), and Strawberry Patches (where I learned how to sew!).

Now that I'm well fed, sugared up, and inspired by all of the beautiful fabrics and patterns at Strawberry Patches I need to get to sewing before my unemployment rendezvous comes to an end as I have a second interview on Monday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Believing for the best for your new job.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)