Image Map

Sewing Studio Armoire- Complete!

February 22, 2011

Remember, oh five weeks or so ago, when I revealed my plans to paint the armoire I bought off of Craigslist? Well I'm here to announce that the armoire transformation is complete- woo hoo!

A before shot of the bargain armoire (sans the drawers, as I had already removed them- oops!).



Drumroll please, as here is the 'tah-dah' shot of the armoire, after it was sanded, painted, left to dry, and then roughed up to achieve the distressed look! The helpful gentleman at Home Depot recommended using a semi-gloss paint, which I did, but in the end I wasn't happy with the sheen, thus the roughed up/distressed look! :)


I searched high and low for the perfect (affordable) knobs, and purchased them at World Market for $5 a piece and used a $10 off of $30 coupon, so they ended up being a sweet deal! :)



I have plenty of room inside of the armoire to store my yards of fabric! Each individual bin holds a particular yardage of fabric, and within the bin the fabric is organized my designer/manufacturer.


The drawers neatly hold all of my scraps, zippers, and accessories. The scraps are organized by color, which makes it easy when I'm looking for something in particular! :)

6 comments:

  1. that is gorgeous! I love how neat and organized it all looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Wish my stuff looked so nice neat and tidy! Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous. That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome! Well done! I love the knobs! I was at an auction once, and I bought a box of junk for some reason...I think my husband bid on it just to help the auctioneer so that when it came to the item he really wanted, maybe the auctioneer would help him. Anyway, inside were about 10 antique glass knobs like that. I think we paid $3 for the entire box of crap, and those knobs were worth so much more! Well, we have moved like 4 times now, and do you think I can find the blasted things now that I want to use them. Grrr.... Maybe they'll turn up one of these days. It's possible they got left in Ohio. Oh well. Your armoire is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I am working on an armoire that will hold my machine and all the supplies since my space is small. I hope to post it on my blog when it is done. Great blog! Kristy from www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com my crafty thrifty healthy blog

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)