Image Map

Quilt Market- Booths and Designer Sightings!

May 15, 2011

I'm home from Quilt Market!  I was sad to leave my sweet friend Amanda, and hated saying good-bye to Julie and Sally, but happy to get home...you know the feeling, right?  I pick up my little Stuart tomorrow morning, and I can't wait until we're reunited.  I NEVER thought that I could love a little pup as much I love Stuart.  Okay, enough sappy love talk for now.  I know that you're all here to check out the cute booths at market!

First up is Riley Blake's award winning booth- oh yeah!!!


The booth displayed each line of fabric, with ample samples/project ideas!



Sugar and Spice, by The Quilted Fish.  How cute are the skirts, quilts, pillows, etc.!?!


The Riley Blake booth also displayed the awesome beach cruiser bike that they are giving away.  Make sure to check out the details here.


They also displayed both of the All Dolled Up quilts.  Riley Blake handed out brochures in line at the Sample Spree and if Quilt Market attendees took the brochure around to get a stamp at all of the 30 participating Utah designer's booths, they would be entered to win both quilts, PLUS each designer is/was giving away a prize, which means there were 32 chances of winning!



Quilt Story, a pattern company owned by sisters Heather and Megan.  This was their first Quilt Market, and I just loved the simplicity and timelessness of their booth!


The Threaded Pear, by Gina Halladay.  Gina is the owner of my favorite local quilt shop, Fresh Picked Fabrics.  She is such a joy to hang out with!  :)

Birch Fabrics- 100 % Organic Cotton Fabric


Avalon, by Jay-Cyn Designs.  Bicycles are so in right now, and I think that Jay-Cyn Designs (Birch Fabrics) did such a wonderful job!


Sandi Henderson's booth was gorgeous!  The colors were beautiful, yet not overwhelming, and not one thing was out of place.  My Momma and I had the opportunity to chat with Sandi and her husband, Dustin, and I have to say that they are so sweet and so very genuine.  It was such a pleasure!


Sandi and I on the couch that her husband, Dustin, made for Quilt Market.


Pick a Bunch, by Nancy Mims of Robert Kaufman Fabrics.  I picked up a Roll-Up of the Pick a Bunch fabric at the Sample Spree and I have to say that I am in LOVE with the 100% organic cotton fabric.  I actually sat down with a Robert Kaufman rep to talk about buying the line to put in my Etsy shop.  If you know me in real life, you know that I have such a hard time spending money, as I tend to have buyer's remorse over a pack of gum, thus I haven't ordered any bolts of fabric, but perhaps it will be something I commit to in the near future.


Echino, by Kokka of Japan.

I wanted to move into Joel Dewberry's booth...that or at least take the chairs home with me!  His new patterns and fabrics are beautiful.  I'm not much of a purple person, but I love plum so I'm sold, that and orange + teal is genius!  My Momma and I had the opportunity to talk with Joel and his wife, Laurie, and they are SO cute!  I will definitely be purchasing some of his fabric!!!  :)



Joel Dewberry and I

Amy Butler's booth was so fresh and clean!  I have to admit that I caught a glimpse of her on Thursday during setup and I was SO starstruck.  I took me a couple of days to get up the courage to ask to take a photo with her.  I have to say that she was so very sweet and genuine.  She wanted to know about my business, and my patterns, and when I would be have my own booth at Quilt Market...hehehehe!  :)


My Momma, Amy Butler, and I

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for documenting this...it is like being in a candy shop....only better. Im so glad you and your mom had this opportunity to go. It seems like it would be so inspiring. I think I am most shocked at how young the designers are. CANDICE THAT COULD BE YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry! EEAAIIOOHHHH!!!! That is me screaming from all the way over in Canada... how flippin' over the top is that?

    Okay, and u are the first blogger to put up some awesome pics of quilt market! It looks absolutely fantastic! did you get to see Amanda do Schoolhouse? What did she end up doing?
    k, enough taking up your time=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! I love Joel Dewberry and Amy Butler fabrics, too. I was just sewing on Joel Dewberry fabric this weekend! I am so glad you guys had such an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh you can sure make one wish they were at market rather than a college graduation - not, but I LOVE all your photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH!! Loved teh booth set ups so creative. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Joel Dewberry fabrics! What a treat to get to go there. I am sure you so inspired right now! Happy sewing, Kristy from www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to hang with you and your mom! Fun time had by your whole design team it seems to me! See ya tomorrow at the shop! Thanks for the great Threaded Pear photo of the booth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely space you have here! I finally took the time to stop by and will have to visit more often. I can't get enough of those quilt market photos. How exciting that you got to take part :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)