Image Map

The Sewing Summit!

September 29, 2011

The Sewing Summit

I'm excited to announce that next Friday I'll be headed to Salt Lake City to attend The Sewing Summit, a modern sewing and blogging conference! I'm excited but also terrified, as I'm attending the conference solo.

I found out about the conference on Monday (I must live under a rock, as registration has been underway for months!), and after two days of deep thought I decided to take a plunge.  I'm not the most outgoing person (in fact I'm terribly shy!), but I feel the need to attend, to spend time out of my comfort zone, and to make the most out of the time I'm surrounded by wonderfully creative souls.  It's about time I push myself, and I think that The Sewing Summit is the perfect venue!  :)

Is anyone else attending The Sewing Summit??? 

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. You are going to have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going, but it sounds like an amazing fun time! Maybe some day I'll be able to get away alone and do something fun, but for now I must be contented to sew at home!

    Can't wait to hear about it and see what you inspire us with upon your return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going! It'll be great to see you there (you know, if we ever talk since I'm shy myself). Luckily, there's already a huge ice breaker in place. We already know everyone loves sewing, so there's a topic that you can bring up that will go on FOREVER. (I've got a baby bump that acts as an extra ice breaker. Score!)

    I can't wait for next Friday to get here already. I've been ready to go since they announced it (sometime last October, I think) and was one of the first 50 people to register. It's been a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Soleil Selene - so glad I found you!!! Look forward to seeing more :)

    Courtney
    www.lilnoodlebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower from soleil selene :) nice to meet you!

    ~Caroline
    http://www.sweetcarolinebumbumbum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)