Image Map

Quilt Market- Day 1

October 30, 2011

Day #1 at Quilt Market was such a whirlwind.  Let me start with the fact that I didn't wear the most comfortable shoes, which makes for a long day, that and I had to say goodbye to my sweet friend Brooke.  I hate goodbyes (I usually cry like a baby, but I kept myself together today!).

Today was full of eye-candy, inspiration, and fun conversations.  Although I don't use too much ribbon, I have a weird want/obsession with ribbon and trims in general.  With that, the May Arts booth so much fun to explore!


Abbey Lane Quilts has a new quilt book out with five different applique quilts and five different quilt blocks.  I love the idea of mixing and matching to create a unique and personal style.  I may have to think about this idea the next time I sit down to write another pattern!  :)


I absolutely fell in love with the purples, greens, and oranges displayed in Sandi Henderson's booth.   Not to mention the sweet rosette pillows and the re-covered vintage umbrella!



Amy Butler's booth was spectacular, just as I expected!  I was excited to see her new fabric line, Lark, in person as I love the mix of the bright colors, along side more traditional colors.  As always, Amy never disappoints!  :)


I also stopped by the Adornit booth to visit with my sweet friends that I met at The Sewing Summit!  I may have mentioned it a time or two, as gray is my new FAVORITE color, thus I loved everything about Adornit's booth!  I also got a sneak peek at their fabric lines that will be coming out next, and can't wait to get my hands on their new fabric.  :)


I just about fell head over heels for Woodland by Natalie Lymer for Lecien!  I love the sweet girls, the gnome-like houses, and the scattered mushroom.  I also love the pajama pants (gray, yellow, and pink)...I think I might NEED a pair of my own!


Kellie Wulfsohn of Don't Look Now is an amazing applique artist!  Her booth was full of beautiful and bright quilts, pillows, and wall hangings, all of which are applique designs.  I have her Peak Hour pattern and hope to whip up a pillow for a friend's son.  If I get the pillow done, I'll be sure to blog about it!  :)



My sweet friend, and fellow Creative Consultant, Brooke!


Amanda trying to give me another inappropriate hug!  Instead of trying to make me dance (like last week's quest), I think this week's quest is at least one inappropriate hug per day!  Bring it on, Amanda!! :)


PS- I TOTALLY felt like a star all day, walking the red carpet at Quilt Market!  :)

PPS- I also spotted Ty Pennington (and his bodyguard!) at Quilt Market.  He's quite cute in person...Saturday's mission is to track him down for a photo op!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Completely in love with the Kellie Wulfsohn booth! Her applique is spectacular. I looked around online, and just didn't see enough of her patterns marketed. I did see the one that you purchased, but that was the only one. I really would like to see more of her work. Quilty love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those inappropriate hugs were at my request, you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love all those great pics!!! Yours turned out better than mine - I am borrowing the one of us together - just couldn't help myself!!! You are totally awesome and I will TREASURE our time together!!!!!!!
    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun to have you stop by and see us :D love the pics of our booth

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh you are so talented! LOVE you stuff!! Also, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, Candice! I really loved seeing them and all your great comments about them. I am not familiar with Kellie Wulfsohn, but WOW! I love all that stuff! I really have to head over to her website and check it out. You are in big trouble over this one. You might have just gotten me involved in ANOTHER project I don't have time to do! LOL! I just LOVE her stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)